Saturday, May 29, 2010

Not that you REALLY cared...

but I have been taking a break from blogs. I didn't really intend to take a break from BLOGGING...but it just happened that way.

Two weeks ago we were driving home from Indiana and I was complaining to Joel...talking about some things that I'm actually quite jealous about. (won't share those details) But he (probably half-way jokingly) said: "Maybe you should stop reading blogs." He then went to sleep (I was driving, mind you) while I was left to ponder and stew. He was probably right.

I started blogging 3 1/2 years ago as a fun way to keep our family far away updated on what was going on in Kansas. When Ollie came, it was a natural way to show off pictures. But now, with all these talented photographers and writers...it has felt like such a competition for me. I HAVE to have the best pictures...HAVE to have the most interesting stuff. And I will (of course!) only post things that make my family and I look like we are all put-together.

That has been a bit of a frustration for me in the last year...feeling like it's another competition. But when Joel said that, it made me realize that, for now, I really do need a break from reading blogs. I personally just have a really hard time being content when I spend so much time reading about others lives. Horrible, isn't it?

So I've made it 15 days without reading a single blog. And actually, I don't miss it. Oh, my mouse naturally tries to click on that bookmark while browsing the web each day...but I really don't miss it. At least not yet. And until I'm ready to read them with a more self-less heart...I'll stick to other things. Because for me, discontentment is something I really struggle with. So if something REALLY important comes up--please let me know! I, for now, won't be reading about it on your blog!!! :-)

5 comments:

The Sieberts said...

Kendall-i've had those same feelings at time and sometimes i just wonder if i need to get off of blog and facebook and focus on other things :o) AND just to let you know i LOVE reading your blog. i love hearing what Ollie has to say and what is going on in your life!

Amy said...

Good for you! Totally understand those feelings. It can be so hard to be content, can't it? (I posted pictures of my crazy messy house the other day though! I know you really want to see those!! ) :)

Mira said...

Kendall,

I am so glad that you are taking action and making what is REALLY important a priority. It is so easy to see what others have and want more. I have been there believe me!!! Hang in there, and keep praying. It totally helps!!!

On another note, I am not going to be at Slate Creek anymore. Maybe I will share with you another time. It is a really long story.

Enjoy your summer.

Mira

Momma H said...

I have missed YOUR blogs. Can you blog your life without reading about the others? Then I wouldn't feel left out. I guess I read about all you gals and families at church since I have no grandkids of my own to read about. Guess that's a bit of the same problem, but I will probably keep reading you all. Love hearing about your kids...AND you kids! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi- I am a blog stalker from the Macs..I love reading your post. I love your post..I like the fact that they are original...not perfect...I love that it sounds like me and my family..even though we are different. Life isn't always rosy nor are we as humans :)

Kim