Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's That Time of Year...

This morning, I put in my first Christmas CD. Although I like any Christmas music, I have two DEFINITE favorites:
"The New Young Messiah" is Handel's Messiah in a newer, more contemporary version. It is all the wonderful prophetic scriptures put to music. I must add a disclaimer, though--this was released in the early 1990's--think big hair, shoulder pads, and Carmen. But still GREAT music and an incredible message.
The second is Andrew Peterson's "Behold the Lamb of God" (which I have YET to own, still!). But this was my ALL-TIME favorite concert ever, and I still love hearing these songs. They also take the vantage point of what was happening before Jesus came into the world.

It's so incredible to think what it must have felt like to have lived in those times right before Jesus-- knowing these prophecies--that a Savior was to come to save Israel...then 400 years of silence...nothing. Just waiting to see what God was going to do.

And finally, for those prophecies to be fulfilled in Jesus' birth.

Such an incredible story!

4 comments:

Kara Janzen said...

I'm so glad to hear you're playing Christmas music! :) It's playing full blast at our house as well! I also love that Young Messiah album. My parents had it--I still don't own it myself. And, I've been wanting to tell you--did you know David Archuleta has a Christmas album?? It just came out this year and I got it and LOVE it! You should definitely check it out! Hope you're doing well and hope we can hook up sometime again maybe over the holidays! Miss you guys!

The Sieberts said...

you are crazy! i won't listen to christmas music until after thanksgiving :) My favorite christmas CD's are the Michael W. Smith (from a couple of years ago) and the Celine Dion 'So this is Christmas' LOVE them!

Paige said...

I heart, heart, heart "The Lamb of God" cd by Andrew Peterson....I cannot get enough of it!! The concert is amazing...hope to see that one again! :)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Christmas already??? I have to wait until after Thanksgiving!