Wednesday, December 7, 2011

three

I absolutely LOVE being a mom to 3 kids. 

It feels like such a nice 'full' number.  Our van is full-er, our table will need the extra leaf soon, our little bedrooms are full.  There is always something to do, someone to hold, something to be cleaned...Most of the time, it feels really nice. 

But sometimes, it's really overwhelming.  (take this morning, for instance)  Sometimes (or often) I start to think that I'm pretty capable of being a good mom on my own.  And then when I have rough days, I'm reminded again that, even on my BEST days, I need God's help for this!  I lose my temper too quickly, spend too little time with them really listening, try to do too much, and get frustrated when it's not going as I pictured.  

I'm thankful that we get a new day to try it again.  Thankful that God doesn't require us to be a 'perfect' family, but rather, to learn how to love each other more each day.  I'm thankful that God can use the good and the bad to grow Oliver, Lily and Brahm into people who know His grace and mercy and love.  

Being a mom to 3 (or more!) isn't easy.  It's not always fun.  And it certainly doesn't always go the way I'd like.  But it is good


3 comments:

Danielle said...

Amen!! Thank you for your honesty. I couldn't have said it better myself :)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I have NEVER seen you lose your temper. I think if you do, it is in a gentle way, more inwardly felt by you than you show! You are a GOOD mommy!!

Berean Preschool said...

How very true Kendall! And.... I have to agree with Debby...hard to imagine you ever losing your temper! You are one of a kind and i'm secretly hoping some of your gentleness rubs off on me!!!! :-)