Sunday, March 10, 2013

Valentine's Day

 We started a tradition last year, where we make a fancy dinner and eat it together to celebrate Valentine's Day as a family.  It's usually too crazy to go out the day of, so Joel and I pick a different day to go together.

This year, however, my parents offered to come spend Valentine's Day with the kids, so we had our family celebration a day early.  

It was special, and I hope I remember these pictures of the kids smiling and enjoying themselves, rather than the foul mood I was in all day because they were interrupting my plans of making them a perfect dinner.  Ahhh, motherhood.  I think I have a lot to learn.

I did make my first attempt at a lemon meringue pie, and while it wasn't pretty, it sure tasted good!  :-)


Oliver and Joel went and picked up sweet things for Lily and I, too, which I  love.  I love that Oliver gives Lily a gift.  It is so sweet!

No comments: