Tuesday, March 20, 2007

SPRING!!!


It is spring! Do you know what that means? Storm Season!!! Fortunately, we have already had a warm March, with some thunderstorms. Hopefully it will be an active season. This morning I woke up at 4:40am (for bathroom break #3) and saw lightning. Excited out of my mind, I stayed awake until Joel got up at 5:30. Then I got up too and ate breakfast (I was starving!) and watched the storm. Well, it wasn't too impressive, but there was thunder and lightning. This is my favorite thing about spring.

Two weeks ago Joel and I went to a storm spotter meeting for the community. It was interesting. They talked about normal safety precautions, and then got into the nitty-gritty about super cells and how they form. Quite fascinating. I tried to convince Joel to wear an "I love Jim Cantore" T-shirt, but it didn't happen. (Actually, I don't have one. But if anybody is looking for birthday, Christmas, or May Day gifts, there's an idea!) Anyway--I think the best way to celebrate the birth of our child would be to have it during an intense thunderstorm. This week looks good!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Okey Dokey Kendall Johns... aww I mean Smith. My new and improved flippin' sweet blog is courtneysimages.blogspot.com
Yup, you heard me, blogspot.com - I'm so cool now!