Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

This year, I have one New Year's Resolution...well, one that I came up with. (Joel had a suggestion for me, too...) But the one I chose was to read through the Bible in a year. I did this 3 years ago and it was such a good thing! I learned so much reading it all and seeing the "Big Picture" of God's love for His people. It was fun, too, to see all the Old Testament prophecy leading up to the coming of Jesus--it gives it a whole new meaning when you see it from that perspective instead of ours. (On that note, Andrew Peterson has an AWESOME Christmas CD out that shares this OT perspective, too--it's called "Behold the Lamb of God") Anyway--this year, I'm reading through the Bible chronologically. If any of you don't already have a feasible NY's resolution, join me! I've posted the link so you can find out what to read each day. It's actually pretty doable! Oh, and I'm reading in the Message paraphrase, which makes it more story-like.

Here it is: http://www.backtothebible.org/devotions/readme.htm?month=January&level=chronological&print=&x=14&y=10

4 comments:

Courtney e said...

I'm doing just the New Testament this year... also in the Message. I tried the whole Bible last year, but got a bit overwhelmed a couple months in :)

Sheryl Kenoyer said...

I'm going to take that challenge with you Kendall. I'm going to read it in The Message as well chronigically. Thanks for the nudge!

Anonymous said...

i'm in "THE" kendall. let's do this!!! mitch

Kendall Smith said...

Funny thing, Mitch. Brookelynn was calling me that the day we all went to the mall...as if it really is my name! :-)