Saturday, April 5, 2008

Our Garden!


It's that time of year again--when we shop for our garden seeds! Today we planted most of our garden. Sometime this summer, we'll be harvesting: raspberries, spinach, lettuce, radishes, green peppers, jalapenos, red, yellow and green onions, carrots, asparagus, rhubarb, basil, and tomatoes (we didn't plan those yet, though). I can't wait!!! I'm especially excited to make the basil/tomato salad from Karla (it's super easy, too!) and our homeade salsa. We found an amazing recipe last year, and it involves three kinds of onions, tomatoes and garlic. Mmmmm!!! Anyway--hopefully we'll update once things start to bloom!
I'm also heading out later to plant my pots for our porch and back shed. Hopefully I can keep these alive this year. I'm trying potato vines, which do well in Kansas, as well as petunias, pansies, and some other daisy-looking flower.

Okay, okay. I'll include an Ollie picture!!!! (Just because you asked...) Here is his newest "fun thing"--tackling the pillows on a bed.

3 comments:

Hooton Family said...

please send me the salsa recipe!
Thanks

Amanda said...

First you help me when I got the job next door to you, then you help us make lots of new friends, then you help us with lots of good recipes, then you help us with our money, then you help us realize that our neighbors might be using our internet, and now we're thinking you should help us learn how to plant a garden.

Kendall Smith said...

I don't know-- I think we're through with helping you!!! :-)

Anytime--just let us know!