Monday, August 18, 2008

New York City

I'll be honest...I've kind of been dreading writing this post because of all the pictures I'd have to sort through!!! We took tons. I'll include the highlights. If you'd like the entire week long tour--come over sometime and we'll narrate it all in stunning detail.

The reason we went to NYC, for those of you who don't yet know, is to watch baseball games. Yankee Stadium and the Mets Stadium are both in their last season--so it was imperative that we went this year. (So I was told) We also drove the 4 hours to Boston to see a game at Fenway Park.

Our first evening there we walked around and saw Manhattan. So many buildings, people, and food vendors! My was it tempting...I include this picture because I am a HUGE 'Apprentice' fan. I didn't say 'Donald Trump' fan, just the show. But this is one of the Trump Towers buildings. We later went inside.
Joel posing in front of the fountain in Central Park. This really was a HUGE park. It was beautiful!
Joel's sister, Sara and her husband, Kris eating our hotdogs at Gray's Papaya. We're pretty sure this is famous for something. Wasn't this hotdog stand in the movie "Fools Rush In"? I keep telling people that, but no one else seems to remember...
Lynette (my NY friend) in front of a "modern art" exhibit. Seriously folks, the Metropolitan Museum of Art--and THIS makes the cut?????? But out of all the beautiful Monets and VanGoghs, this is the picture I show...
Dzino (Joel's old roommate from college), Joel and I on the Brooklyn Bridge. It was a beautiful view! We walked to Brooklyn and then ate delicious pizza (below).

More to come...

4 comments:

Sara D said...

You are right, Gray's Papaya was in Fool's Rush In.

Courtney e said...

Makes me wanna go, reeeal bad.

Joel, this fountain picture isn't so senior-portrait'ish. What happened?

Chelsie said...

Yes...I agree...Fools Rush In.

Anonymous said...

Three things:

1). Lynette?!?!?!

2). "So [you] were told"? Have you ever heard of the 'house that Ruth built?' Seriously, you'll tell your kids about it someday.

3). I've never been to NYC, and I want to.