Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Wonderful World of Straight Hair

I used to belong to this club--the world of straight hair. That is, until I became pregnant, or hit puberty, I'm not sure which. The past few years, my hair has gotten wavier and wavier until now...it's just plain curly! If I TRY to straighten it, it doesn't work. I don't think the more humid summer has helped--but seriously, it's getting ridiculous.

I've had friends who have book "good" hair straighteners, but being the cheap-o that I am, I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on one. Tonight (after several frustrating hair days) I decided to check ebay. I found what I think is a good one--and for a great price! It's even pink!!!!! So hopefully, if all goes as planned, I'll be able to wear my hair straight again, and have it actually be that...straight.

8 comments:

Doug and Sarah said...

As a girl with stick straight from birth to present, I really like your wavy/curly hair. I'm envious! I guess we want what we can't have.

The Sieberts said...

i like your hair when its scrunchy and curly! i wish i could do either or! i suppose everyone always has complaints about their hair-like, i wish mine was thicker so i didn't always have to keep it short...any suggestions on that? =)

Unknown said...

Is it Joel or Kendall who is worrying about having straight hair? We're confused about authorship.

Courtney e said...

I wish my hair was naturally curly...

Kendall Smith said...

Mom, this was written by me--but Joel mentioned that he might also want to try the straightener at times. So both.

:-)

The Frasiers said...

kendall...funny story about straightening hair...we straighted ryan's once. it was awful! he had a mullet happening, plus it took two or three washes for it to regain its natural state. he was so mad! : )

Unknown said...

Actually Dad wrote that. He's just shy about signing his name.

Alyssa said...

As if the story itself wasn't funny enough, these comments are hilarious. I love how your dad didn't know who was writing...good for a laugh.