Saturday, November 22, 2008

I love surprises

And Joel knows this. He is always WAY better at picking out (and way ahead of time!) thoughtful gifts for me for my birthday than I am. This year, he outdid himself.

He and Courtney went together and bought me a (drumroll please) "Professional Wireless Weather Station" that comes complete with a wireless sensor for outside and an anemometer for our house to track wind speed/direction! It looks awesome. Now I don't have to watch the weather--I can predict it myself! (Are you jealous, Marc Friesen?)

After opening my gift, we drove to Wichita, left Ollie with my parents for the night, and did some shopping. We went to Target, Kohl's, and Hobby Lobby. (I had some gift cards to spend!) Joel offered to go more places, but I was exhausted. I really am not that much of a shopper.

We then made our way to Texas Roadhouse (he chose the place--and I LOVE this place!) where we found two very dear friends, the Balzers and McClenahans. Now, I'll admit that I thought they just happened to be there. It wasn't until a minute or so into our conversation that I realized that they were SUPPOSED to be there helping us celebrate my birthday! Joel had arranged this with them, too! We had the best time eating and talking. And luckily, I didn't have to ride the bull. I think my being very pregnant had something to do with that...

Finally, we all headed to Starbucks, (again, Joel's suggestion!) and enjoyed our hot drinks while visiting some more. So wonderful.

On our way home, I was all smiles. I just absolutely loved that night. I love our friends, I love Joel, and I love that he knows exactly what a special night is for me. I guess turning 28 isn't so bad, is it?? :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. Marc

Hooton Family said...

Happy birthday!! Sounds like a good one. Glad I trained my brother right! Roanna

The Sieberts said...

ah-hah! 28 :)

Aaron and Shannon said...

Are you 28 or 25? The previous blog says 25!

Courtney e said...

What! I thought we were getting her a hot pink ipod! :) Glad you looooove it, sounds like a fun night.

Kendall Smith said...

Joel was trying to make me feel good by posting a '25'. I am really 28.

Kara Janzen said...

Oh how I WISH we could have been there to celebrate with you! Reading about all your fun made me so lonesome for all of you! I'm glad you had such a great day! Hope to see you sometime over the holidays and before that baby comes!

Tina said...

I'm a little jealous that your hubby was so thoughtful! I'm so happy you had a nice birthday night out. Happy 28th birthday (just a few days late...)!