Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Hobbies

Hello. I've decided that I'll take a stab at writing this week's post. Usually mom does it, and she does alright, but I'm getting pretty good at expressing my views and opinions, so she's turning it over to me. The first picture here is of me with my "BIG!" duck. One of my new hobbies is coloring ("dugah") and I spend much of my time doing this. This big duck also sleeps with me in my BIG bed.
Another new hobby is helping mom and dad cook. Since I'm pretty strong now, I like to move my little chairs around the house to climb up on things. This makes everything much more accessible, you see. Here I am helping mom make broiled grapefruit this morning. (Notice I'm in my brand-new firetruck pj's!) Mommy and Daddy love this for breakfast--so I'll share with you how we make it:

Broiled Grapefruit
1
. First, take grapefruit and cut them in half. We found it's easier to cut the sections at this point, too.(This part stinks--mom never lets me used the "mife".)

2. Sprinkle a little cinnamon, sugar and brown sugar on them. This is the part I get to do!
3. Put a pat of butter (which is VERY good plain, I might add) on each half.

4. Broil on low for 3-4 minutes, until the butter has melted.
5. Then, eat and enjoy!

Another hobby of mine is going to parties. I love them. (Except when they have big dogs) Friday night mom and dad took me to a party in a giant shed. We ate hotdogs, ran around, petted a kitty, and then sat outside and sang songs around a very big fire. Every time people would stop singing, I'd shout, "Yay!" and clap my hands. It was so festive. One thing I loved there was riding around on bikes with some of my friends:
And here's my friend Taylor petting a cat. She was brave. I liked the kitty--but wasn't too sure about getting close!

Finally, one thing I do to entertain mom and dad (which is QUITE easy, by the way) is to walk like an old man. I learned early about canes--and now I like to use one of my golf clubs as one. Watch as I master the art of walking with one!


I hope you've enjoyed this brief glimpse into my daily life. I really should go, as mom and dad think I'm sleeping. That's a whole other post I'll have to write about!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - what an interesting life you have. We didn't get to see you walk because the video was unavailable. But you can show us next weekend! Keep exploring!

Joel Smith said...

I can't get the video to post. I'll try again later!!!

Kendall

Hooton Family said...

Tell mom and dad you need some paint with water books and playdough for Christmas.
Now that is some fun stuff:)
Aunt Roanna

Amanda said...

Ollie..I think you are ready for fingerpaints!!! If mom and dad don't want to get them for you, let us know!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad I have someone to color with now.