Thursday, February 5, 2009

Encouragement

Cora hasn't left my mind since two weeks ago when we first heard the news. And, like all of us who love the McClenahans--we're feeling some of that emotional rollercoaster--the ups and downs that they're experiencing.

This morning, our Bible study met (me and about 7 other gals) and prayed for Cora and her family. I was SO encouraged as we talked and studied about Daniel and his life! I was reminded again that God is FAITHFUL. We can't see what His plan for the family is, but we know that His plans are "not to harm [Cora], but to give her a hope and a future". I am so thankful for Joel and Jess and the way they are relying so totally on God and His promises.

I am so humbled to see the thousands of people WORLD WIDE praying for Cora--this is how the Body of Christ is supposed to work! And what a beautiful thing. If only we could see, from heaven, all these people lifting her up. I'm sure it's an incredible sight.

God is being glorified already through this hardship. What HOPE!

4 comments:

The Sieberts said...

AMEN!

Courtney e said...

you are very insightful... i like it.

Sheryl Kenoyer said...

Kendall, I have had Cora on my mind all day long. She and her mama and daddy have been in my prayers. Thank you so much for sharing - Our God is an awesome God!

Heather said...

Kendall,

Just wanted you to know that I am praying for not only Joel and Jess during this hard time, but also you guys and your Sunday School class. What a great group of encouraging friends they have to walk this walk with! I am so thankful that they have you!!

My heart is so heavy today, this is so heart breaking.

Much love and many prayers,
Heather