Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Remembering Cora

I saw these on Amanda's blog and LOVED them! What a great way to contribute to Cora's playground, as well as remember her. I'm buying a pin to wear on my purse to always remember Cora.
If you are interested in one, go here.

Her memorial today was so tough--so God-honoring and sweet in one sense--but in another--absolutely horrible.

We should not have been there.

Jess and Joel should not have been there.

I hate that this happened. I hate that they lost their sweet little girl.

I hate that I have to explain to Ollie where Cora is when he asks if she's still sick or sleeping.

I hate death. I KNOW that this isn't the last word--that Jesus conquered death when he died and rose again.

I'm just so glad we have that Hope. I can't imagine how you'd get through this otherwise.

5 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Your last sentence says it all.

I can't imagine how we'd get through without faith.

Anonymous said...

I linked to you from Cora's blog. I am sitting in my house in Michigan listening to Cora's service as I type. I have wept through the entire service. What strength from Joel to read the letter they wrote to their precious baby. Their testimony is amazing. My prayers are with all of you...family and friends of this young family with such a difficult journey ahead of them.

meg duerksen said...

it was beautiful service though.
i felt the same as you...this is honoring God but i wish we all weren't here.

i will be praying for you too. she is going to need her friends so much.

it really was a turley beautiful service.

The Sieberts said...

i struggle with what to tell Ava. Cora is still her first prayer every night. I have to remind her that Cora is healthy and happy now and that we need to pray for her mommy and daddy now. Its so hard when they don't understand! thanks for you blog-i think you summed up what most of us are feeling! although, after the service, although deeply sad, i also felt a wonderful peace. I only pray that Joel and Jess feel this peace soon.

Amy W said...

Been thinking & praying for Joel & Jess. They weigh heavily on my heart even though I don't know them. I am blown away by the number of comments on their blog and the people who are praying. They MUST feel God's presence - it's the only thing that can hold them up and offer them HOPE.