Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lesson #1


God is teaching me many things through Joel and Jess's struggles. I'm so thankful that He does that--uses these situations to draw us nearer to Him.

I'm not a particularly "huggy" person. I tend to shy away from showing too much affection out of fear. But after going through this experience with Jess and Joel, (and giving lots of hugs) I'm more convinced that it's good to show that love.

I want to love people without reservation--saying encouraging things that I'm thinking, giving hugs when needed, and just going all out in my love for those around me.

The Christ-like love of people surrounding Joel and Jess--their friends and family--has been SO powerful! That kind of love is such an amazing witness in our 'love-less' world. What a great way to show a dying world who Christ really is!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm hugging you!

The Mumaw's said...

My junior high class in Pickerington , Ohio did a fundraiser for Cora's playground. We heard her story through Banks Photography. We want to send her the pictures of the donut sale . We raised over $200. The kids are proud and happy to donate to a great cause. To ensure they get our card, pictures and money, is there any way I can mail it to you for you to give to Joel and Jess?If so please email me at
amymarinello11@yahoo.com
Thanks, Amy Marinello Mumaw

The Frasiers said...

is that a picture of jello jigglers?