Sunday, March 22, 2009

therapy

Wow. What a BEAUTIFUL day here in Kansas! Little wind, 70 degrees, and a Saturday! We enjoyed it so much. I did many things that just feel therapeutic to me: cleaning, working on a couple sewing projects, playing outside and working in the garden...it was so good.

The first project was making Ollie's birthday shirt. I've seen this from Amanda and Megan, so I decided that it'd be a fun tradition to start. This is what he'll wear to his (2) parties.

I also have been meaning to make a curtain for our bathroom window that we finished two years ago...honestly--I hadn't even sewn for almost a year and a half! So it was good to get this one done, too.
Here's the before:
Here's the after:
We also spent a good amount of time outside. Joel mowed, while we played on the (new!) porch.

And then we went to the garden and planted a few more things--so far we have spinach, lettuce, red and yellow onions, radishes, raspberries and asparagus. We'll wait until the nights are warmer to plant the rest.

It's days like this, I'm SO thankful to live in Kansas!!!

7 comments:

Courtney e said...

I love the fabric you used! The shirt and curtains look good... I'm excited to use the fabric I bought at Ikea!

Amanda said...

Super cute shirt!! Aren't they EASY!?!? Oh my gardening...here we go again..HELP US!!!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

And days like this?....40 mph winds!!? Ha!

Yes, I love Kansas too, although, my druthers would be a home overlooking the ocean! Wasn't yesterday fun though? We got lots of projects done too. And I love listening to all the birds singing Spring songs!
Debby

Amy W said...

We've been thinking about starting some seeds inside, but haven't done it yet! We have such poor soil that we mostly do patio plants - tomatoes. Hey, I was just reading your family description under your picture - you might want to update it. :)

The Sieberts said...

we just planted our onions too-i hope everything turns out this year so I can make your salsa recipe!

rentz said...

Didn't even know you could plant raspberries. Pretty neat. Is it similar to growing strawberries? So far I've got potatoes, onion, lettuce, broccoli and cabbage in. So fun!

Roglenda said...

Thanks so very much, Kendall, for keeping us up to date on the happenings at the Kansas Smith household. I enjoy reading and looking at the pictures it helps to make you feel a little closer than 900 miles away. I ask myself why do I live in Northern Indiana where spring doesn't come until May! By then you are on your second picking of garden produce.