Friday, October 23, 2009

Chief of the Valley

Believe it or not, that's what my name means. My parents didn't name me 'Kendall' because it meant that...that was just a bonus.
However, I soon grew into the name. WHEN I WAS YOUNG, I tended to be a bit loud, bossy, and pretty much tried to run the place.

Fast forward to 9 months ago: Lily was born this quiet, happy little girl. Sweet (a bit loud when she cried) but oh-so-lovable.
This summer, we started noticing a bit of 'personality'...happy one moment, screaming bloody murder the next. Or this ornery look in her eyes. Or her growl that she has learned.
She has made other children (including her poor, sweet cousin) cry by growling at them.

She waves her arms and yells often.

She gets around WHEREVER she wants to go...and FAST.
As is normal for this age, we've had to start slapping her hand when she goes where she's not supposed to (like the sweet potato bucket above). Unfortunately, she's a tough cookie. That hasn't seemed to work yet.

We're realizing that she is our Chief of the Valley. This sweet, petite, smiley girl definitely has some spunk. (And look out, Ollie!)

5 comments:

Courtney e said...

yeah you definitely tried to run the place when we were little... Lily could be that way too, and poor Ollie will probably put up with it like he does with Addilyn! I LOVE the potato picture, makes me laugh!

Aaron and Shannon said...

Wow...your picture looks like Lily! She's so sweet!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Do you think she will be chief of the valley in the church nursery? I'll have to warn the workers! I love this little "chief" so much!

Chelsie said...

Holy moly that picture of you looks so much like her!

Hooton Family said...

We love girls with spunk!!