Friday, October 9, 2009

The End of our Shoe Problem

(Okay, have you ever LOST pictures on your computer? There are supposed to be 3-4 'before' pictures of this bench and area...but they're nowhere to be found...)

This is a bench that I got FREE because I asked on facebook for an 'old bench or piano bench or something'. This is our mudroom and it used to be a mess of shoes, a dresser, boxes, and whatever else didn't find a better place in our house.
Now, it looks like this! Much cleaner. I like that there is a sitting area to put shoes on, (which we covered with material and a bit of batting) and some baskets to put those shoes in. So easy, even my two-year old can put them away! And I think I spent $4-5 dollars total--free bench, we already had the baskets, so all I bought was the fabric and batting. Not bad!

Oh...and my bench story: I wanted something old/antique-y looking. I had been looking in antique shops around town, but couldn't find much for under $50. So I advertised on Facebook that I needed an old bench...and two days later, one showed up at my door...LITERALLY!

A lady from Clay Center (where I'm from) was on her way to Wichita and drove it down for another lady from the area whose mother had it in her house. Make sense? Anyway--I was so glad to see it. It was JUST what I was looking for!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Looks great! And sooooo cheap! :-)