Monday, June 15, 2009

Going Brown Crazy!!!

We painted our back bathroom light purple when we moved in. I did that, because it matched an accent color in our bathroom set. But a few weeks ago, while showering, I decided that I was tired of that color. What started out as a secret plan (from Joel) soon became a bigger project...so I shared my plan with him.

Here's the before pictures: (we have replaced the shower, painted the vanity, and tiled the floor since moving in)
My sister, Courtney, came and helped me paint one day--we painted it a delicious color of BROWN! I have the same color in part of our other bathroom. I just love how rich it is.


Once Joel was on board with my plan (it took very little convincing, by the way!) we decided to add crown molding to the top, a new mirror and a new light fixture. We're not quite finished yet--but here's how it looks now! (We still need the mirror and lights)

7 comments:

Courtney e said...

Beautiful! I love the crown molding!

Amanda said...

looks great!

The Sieberts said...

love brown! cute!

Doug and Sarah said...

I love the color! Want to come paint my bathroom? We're remodeling it this summer.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

We used chocolate brown in one of our flip houses and LOVED it!! It's so crisp against the white.

Great job!

The Veers said...

that looks so so good!! love it!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Looks yummy! Of course, Sophia and I both love anything "chochiate"!