Monday, June 29, 2009

The Stories Ollie Tells...

Having a 2-year old is 'entertaining' enough. Having one with a pretty good vocabulary only adds to the 'fun'. (Note: were it not for the morning we've had, I probably wouldn't have put the ' marks around the words entertaining and fun.)

Last night, in the span of 20 minutes, Ollie relayed to us these exciting details of his few hours spent with Grandma and Grandpa J. (my parents--oh, and I haven't checked the validity of ANY of this with them...so who knows what is true and what isn't!)

Me: "Ollie, what did you do tonight with Grandma and Grandpa J?"
Ollie: "Uhhh...drove to Walmart and buyed 'tuff."
Joel: "Did you take J's car?"
Ollie: "No. We took the other one. The Subaru."
Me: "What did you buy at Walmart?"
Ollie: "Uhhh...Grandma J didn't buy shoes. She just looked at them. And I looked at them. And Grandpa J bought juice. Apple juice...and orange juice...and corn juice. And we bought 'trawberries."
Joel: "What else did you do?"
Ollie: "Oh, at Walmart we saw a cow and rode it and you get on and ride it fast and say, 'giddyap horsie'! You should do that daddy."

And later, on the same ride home... (it was dark)

Ollie: "Oh! Dere's some fireworks over der!"
Me: "Where?"
Ollie: "Oh, dere behind me. You can't see them anymore."


And this morning, after sharing with Joel about my slightly frustrating morning, he left for work after lunch and told Ollie, "You be good for mommy. Give her hugs and kisses and be nice!" So, a few minutes later, as I'm doing dishes:

Ollie: (between bites of apple) "I wuv you, mommy!" (as he hugs my legs with his sticky hands.)

Funny, funny boy.

4 comments:

Aaron and Shannon said...

That is funny! I bet if you check it out...some of it may be true! I'll be curious to see!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Love him!! I could squeeze him!

Brian and Cheryl said...

Okay for the official story - we did go to Walmart, in the Subaru. I did look at shoes, and didn't buy any. However, that's where the fuzzy begins :-). We didn't buy juice (or even look at any), although corn juice sounds interesting. No strawberries either. The cow is the .25 ride at the store entrance. Oliver didn't ride it, but talked about it and that is says "moo". Fun stories!! GmaJ

Courtney e said...

Haha... I love that kid. Cute pictures, I like his hair longer.