Friday, December 31, 2010

For the New Year...

I am planning to read through the Bible in a year. I've done this twice and so far, has been one of the most amazing things I've ever done to grow spiritually. It's crazy how the story of God's love feels much more cohesive when you read the whole story. It's amazing.

I use this reading guide which goes through the bible chronologically. I also am going to use The Message again this year--I LOVE the way it reads.

So if you DON'T already have some way to get into God's word daily, try this! It is SO worth it.

2 comments:

Amy Warden said...

Our family is reading through the Bible together this year. Our church created a reading plan called OWNit365 with an OT reading coupled with either a Wisdom book or NT reading. Plus they figured in a day off each week, and highlight a family chapter to discuss each day. We are loving it! www.OWNit365.com

Denita said...

I decided today that I was going to do this... because of Grandpa's example. Thanks for a good guide to start with.