Monday, March 24, 2008

In Case You Ever Wondered...

So, I know at least ONE of you out there woke up this morning and asked yourself, "Self, what would happen if I set a glass 9 x 13 pan full of coffee cake on a burner and turned it on high?" Well--wonder NO MORE! I have the answer...uh...not from personal experience, of course. It was ...a friend. Anyway--what would happen IF you chose (or didn't choose) to do that? It would EXPLODE in a LOUD bang into a million little pieces and your house would smell like burnt sugar. And these pieces would fly over 10 feet to the other side of the kitchen. Not that I know...my friend told me. And sent this picture to me...

5 comments:

Chelsie said...

I'm so sorry for you...uh...I mean your friend!

Sara D said...

What was your "friend" thinking? There are easier ways to heat it you know...like the microwave. Good luck to your "friend" in cleaning up that mess!

Amanda said...

WOW! You're friend's gonna be finding pieces of glass for months! Hope your friend doesn't have a little one who likes to crawl all over the kitchen floor!

Kendall Smith said...

Yeah, in talking to my friend today, she said that she was TRYING to turn the front burner on to steam broccoli--but instead turned the back one on. I'll have to remind my friend to check that before turning it on!!!!! And yes, she does have a little one...hmmmm...not a good combination!

Courtney e said...

Oh so sad! I'm glad nobody was hurt!! Yikes!!