Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day Events

We had SUCH a wonderful Labor Day weekend. It was one of those "I couldn't have planned this better" weekends.

Friday afternoon/evening, my friend Kara and her husband, Brad, came down with their son Braden to visit. My friend Jess and her daughter, Cora, came over too. We ate pizza, played with the kids, and enjoyed seeing each other again. I sadly don't have any pictures of this--but it was so fun!
Oh wait, I found one! This is Cora, playing with a very age-appropriate toy.

Saturday, we cleaned A window (notice the singular tense) and then cleaned more of the house. We figure, if we can clean one window a weekend--we should be good by winter! It was a lot more work then we realized--especially with these old things. But wow it's clean. Who knew the grass was that green in our yard? Sadly, it also illuminated a GIANT spider that hangs out on a web on our porch. I HATE spiders. Anyway--that evening, we had a fun time with Joel's extended family (3 cousins and their families) at his Aunt Marge's house. We were in for a lovely surprise when a rain storm complete with thunder and lots of lightning formed close by. That was fun. After, Courtney and some friends, the Habluetzels, came over for a few minutes because their concert in the park in Newton got rained out. Fun, fun.

Sunday, we went to early service, then drove to Haysville to check out our furniture that we bought (and featured in our previous post) and then went to El Dorado for a fun-filled day with my family. Tyler and Erin came up from Houston to flee the wrath of Gustav. We enjoyed the day with them.

Monday, we drove to pick up our furniture, cleaned a bit, then met my family again in Wichita for some good old Chipotle and a park. I DO have pictures of that...

Addilyn and Tyler. Her bandaid is from a fall (and stitches) at the K-State game Saturday night.(If I were a better photographer, I'd know why these are blurry...)

And here's a sampling from my sister's blog. You can see even more pictures there! (Link is to the right)

Eating at Chipotle
Climbing at Chipotle
Swinging with Aunt Courtney. They sure do love her! Ollie calls her "Nee nee".Ollie running.

I hope your weekend was just as lovely as ours was!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was!! :-)

Courtney e said...

Awww... how fun!
I told someone at work how Oliver called me Nee nee, then I remembered I use to call Tyler, GaGa... and wondered where the heck I got that from.

-Nee nee