Monday, September 1, 2008

Out with the old, In with the new...

We've been looking for new furniture since we got married...6 years ago. We've had my parent's lovely 20-year old couch for these 6 years, and have tried to do with it what we can--we covered it with a red slipcover. I LOVE the red couch look! But we really wanted more space for people to sit, and something that we didn't have to adjust anytime someone was coming over. So, we had brown in mind...and had been looking around, slowly saving our dollars. Joel happened to check Craig's List Saturday and saw a cute couch/loveseat combo...chocolate microfiber! It was a great price--in fact, the people bought it two months ago--it still had the tags on them! It comes with a 5-year full warranty--and was quite a bit less than they paid for it. They were redoing their living room and wanted a new color! So, needless to say--we looked at it, measured our room, and then picked them up this morning. Here are our before and after pictures:

Before:

After:

The new stuff is definitely darker (especially with our wood) but I think I really like the change!

Also, if you know anyone looking for a good couch with a red slipcover--we're selling ours! It's a comfy couch--just outdated. (Think Cosby-blue-couch)

6 comments:

Courtney e said...

It looks SO good! I love the brown with your trim... what did you do with your recliner?

the mcclenahans said...

Yeah!! You finally got your couches! It looks great!

Kendall Smith said...

Thanks. The recliner is in our bedroom awaiting the winter 'night feedings'.

Amanda said...

ahhhh, night feedings...our turn is through...your turn now! Your couches look super...I LOVE the brown!

Tami said...

Ooooh! I love a great deal and the chocolate brown is very chic!
We love craigslist!

(I think I found your blog on Lindsay and Ryan's - which has nothing on it but a blog list... hmmmmm... we need to get her blogging!)

Tami

Kara Janzen said...

I love the couches Kendall! I'm sad I didn't get to see them in person last weekend; guess I'll have to see them in October. How fun! Ahhh, and yes, night feedings...SO glad we're past that...for now that is! And hopefully for a while! Talk to you soon!