Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Attempting Easter Eggs

"Three eggs?" you ask... Let me explain:

Me: "I loved dyeing easter eggs when I was little. I should do this with Ollie!"
I called my mom to find out what to mix together, added colors and then got out the 4 eggs I had hard-boiled the other day. I got out the crayons, and we started coloring.

Ollie cracked the egg on the bowl.
Me: "Ollie, don't crack these. These are to color!"
He attempts to color again. I go to the pantry to grab something.
"Crack!" Ollie has squeezed an entire egg to pieces. That one will be for lunch...
I put our 3 eggs (one of which has a crack--also from Ollie) into the color. I take them out. They dry.

Total time: 3 minutes.

Maybe we'll wait until he's 5.

4 comments:

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I have fond memories of dyeing eggs also! We didn't have plastic eggs in Japan at all - nor chocolate bunnies.
Debby

Tina said...

Ummm...I totally understand. I tried to dye eggs last year with Noah and it didn't go very well. I'm debating if I even try it again this year or just wait until he's 4. Surely, as a 4 year old he'll be able to handle it....right?

Amy W said...

Thank you for reminding me to go boil some eggs for tomorrow...

Momma H said...

Not too often I sit and laugh at the computer, but I must admit that Ollie and your egg adventure surely made me do so. Love the pictures you post of both your kids. Enjoy these years - they are frustrating, but oh so very fleeting!
Have a blessed Easter.