Monday, April 20, 2009

One Week Late

I told you I'd get to blogging about our Easter weekend. It's been a busy week...actually, all of April has been busy!

So, we started off our weekend 'o fun at Panera with...

My mom...
My sister, Courtney...
and my CANADIAN cousin, Denita.

Then, Ollie and I decided to make cookies that resembled bunnies. (If you squint, it works better) And in my defense, I did add eyes that REALLY helped, right Courtney?
Easter morning, Ollie and Lily had Easter baskets to find (we actually didn't hide Lily's this year, as much as that may surprise you. She's not really into surprises yet.)

Ollie's
Please allow me to explain what's in his basket...first of all, he doesn't need lots of candy. Second, he doesn't need toys. So, I got a bunny for him to play with, eggs with M&Ms in them, and a rolling pin for his playdoh. (I couldn't find any little ones!!!) Oh, and underwear and socks, like any good Easter basket contains. We'll be trying big boy underwear this summer, so I thought, "what the heck".

Lily's
(She doesn't need much. Just a few girly rattles)

We went to my parent's house for church and lunch on Easter. We had such a fun time! Not only was my sister there, my cousin Denita was there, as well as many friends of our family. So it was a super-funny day. We played games, ate lots of food and laughed VERY hard.

Adam and Mark Habluetzel. Mark is the worship pastor at my parents church, and also a good friend from growing up. I've known him since I was 5 and he called me "twinkle-toes" and broke my pink headband (while it was ON my head) by throwing a rock at me.

Courtney and Denita. Denita taught us many gang signs from Canada. Apparently they're quite vicious there....
All of us hanging out...


And here is the one birthday picture I have from Ollie's party with my family. I keep waiting for Courtney to blog about it and use her pictures! (ahem!!!!!) My parents got him a big wheel--remember those??

6 comments:

Joel Smith said...

Oops. So Courtney DID already post about our weekend and party a week ago. Sorry.

http://courtneysimages.blogspot.com/

Kendall

Courtney e said...

Geez twinkle-toes, THANKS for keeping up on my blog!! Haha...
And didn't I tell you not to post those pictures of me?!?! :)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

It is hard to find the small rolling pins. You have to buy them in a big play dough set. I contacted the company and they agreed to send 25 of them to us at church. I encouraged them to sell them individually but guess they haven't.

How does your cousin know gang signs? Better not teach them to Ollie! He might get you all in trouble some day when you go visiting up in Canada.

Courtney e said...

He'll be okay, Canadian gangs are basically our backstreet boys. They dance and they sing, and they, like all Canadians, are all about love not war... hehe... I love it there.

Amy W said...

Great pictures!! Of people I know!!! Except your cousin... and I've never actually MET Ollie, but I feel like I know him! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update -- pictures are great. I love the items in the baskets. Some of the same things Joel use to get in his basket. How is the photobooth going?