Thursday, May 14, 2009

Clay Center

Last Saturday, my sister Courtney and I went to Clay Center to see 2 of the best things in the world: Chelsie (my best friend growing up) and the Tasty Pastry Bakery.

Brief history: I moved to Clay Center when I was 5, moved away when I was 13, moved BACK when I was 14, then left for college 4 years later. Then my parents moved to Minnesota.

So, I consider this home, although no one in my family lives there any more...

But here are some pictures from the day:

THE Tasty Pastry Bakery. I worked here for 3 1/2 years in highschool.

And no offense you Newton 'Druber's fans' folks, but these are the BEST donuts any where around.

And the clown cookies? To die for.

My friend Chelsie:
and her cute house:
So, here's the story about me and Chelsie--we were both in 2nd grade together and since then have been friends. One time, on picture day, we were playing 'swans' at recess. (that meant we were swinging on our tummies). So, Chelsie fell forward and scraped up her cheek (on picture day, mind you!). I was supposed to go to her house that night. Being the good friend that I was, I cried when she got hurt. Because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to go to her house anymore...

Our house that we used to live in:
Chelsie, me Ollie and my sister:

Chelsie is one of those wonderful friends--no matter how long it's been since I've seen her--we always pick right up where we left off. We have SO many memories together, and I'm so thankful for her!

7 comments:

Courtney e said...

I like that Lily is looking at the camera in the Bakery picture from her car seat...

Tyler & Erin Johnson said...

Mmmm... nut rolls.

Courtney e said...

Tyler and Erin, I have two in the freezer for you... Mmmm...

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Kendall -- That was SOOOO thoughtful of you in the 2nd grade to cry when she got hurt:) I hope that, by her getting hurt, your plans of going to her house weren't ruined.

Amy W said...

Good times!! We go back to visit, but not as often as I'd like.

The Veers said...

mmmmm those doughnuts look amazing!!!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

You should take a photo of those donuts to Drubers! Maybe they would try making them! We had some friends from Clay Center, but then, they are our age so you wouldn't know them I would guess.
Debby