Friday, May 22, 2009

The End.

The school year is officially over. Everything is cleaned out of my room...and is downstairs in our basement. I HAD collected as much as I expected. (much to Joel's dismay...) Ollie and Lily came yesterday after school to help me move out...in this picture, Ollie was taking care of the secretarial duties:
(saying "Hello? This is me.. Okay Daddy!")

But what a way to end the year!!! We had SUCH a sweet group of kids this year. And wouldn't it make sense to take a cute picture of them all? Yeah. It would. But I forgot to, in the chaos that IS the last day of school. Take a look:
We had an incredibly beautiful day! Here are a few pictures of field day:


Such a great finish to a super year. I'll sure miss the kids, Mira, June and Denise, as well as the whole staff. What a great place to teach!

When I got home today, I found this:
I sure am looking forward to this new phase in my life. My little ones are SO precious!!!


8 comments:

Amanda said...

ahh, that made me tear up! Those flowers and note are SOO special. Enjoy this new journey...days will be just as tough if not tougher than days you had at school...but the moments that you get to share with Ollie and Lily are priceless..the good and the not-so-good.

You missed the "have a great summer" cookies that I dropped off at the school today!

Amanda said...

Okay, I didn't mean for that to sound negative. I knew what I was saying...but hopefully it's not taken the wrong way.

I'll rephrase...

No matter what...the good days and the bad days...this is one decision you won't regret. Even on the days you just can't take it anymore, it's nice to still have that peace that you are where you know God wants you!

And the GOOD days will beat any good day you ever had at school...nothing beats the fun and memorable times you get to spend with your little ones!

Ok..hopefully I said that better now.

The Sieberts said...

i'm going to miss cuddling Lily and scolding Ollie! hehe :) I'm sure we havn't seen the last of them though :) bring on the popsicle stick club!

Courtney e said...

now just think how often we can hit up starbucks... and hobby lobby... and target... see, good things are to come :) congrats on becoming a full-time stay at home mommy. call me whenever you need a coffee/steamer break!

Aaron and Shannon said...

Congrats Kendall! I'm sure it is a great feeling! I'll let you know how I feel come August when school is starting and I'm having a new baby!

Doug and Sarah said...

You will certainly be missed at Slate Creek by students and staff. You are a wonderful teacher and Ollie and Lily are blessed to have you home with them. Enjoy your days as a stay at home mommy. It's one of the hardest, but best jobs around.

Rebecca said...

I too, am a teacher turned stay-at-home mom. It was and continues to be one of the best things I have done for myself and my family. No doubt it will be an adjustment as your identity will make a huge shift...but in a very positive direction. When the days at home seem long and weary, just think of lesson plans, grading papers, report cards and parent-teacher conferences!

Anonymous said...

enjoy the most important job you'll ever have!! raising those kids of yours!!! you'll look back with few if any regrets. mitch