Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Perfect Evening

Start off with a vanilla creme creamer from QuikTrip...

Add an outdoor concert...


With my 3 favorite people...


AND beautiful fireworks (along with perfect weather!)...
It's the PERFECT evening!

Well, almost...
A few preliminary fireworks went off during the concert, and Ollie was TERRIFIED. Shaking. So we held him for a while. We didn't know how well the fireworks would go after that...although he was scared, he did okay. Notice in the picture of he and Joel laying down, he's closing his eyes.

Surprisingly, Lily sat and watched the whole thing contentedly.
It was one of those nights that I'll remember for a long time.

4 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

I hope you enjoyed the cannons during the 1812 Overture at the concert. My brother was one of the people who got to shoot them off. My family's been laughing about it for awhile now (after we found out he was going to be one of the people doing it). If you knew my brother, you'd laugh too. I hope he shot it off in time.

Hooton Family said...

Drew has never liked fireworks and still says movies at the theater is scary! The girls never had that problem. Good to see the stroller is being put to good use!!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

That did look like fun! Looks like Lily is still a little fussy in the one picture. I hope she did ok after Sunday morning. I felt so sorry for her crying so much in the morning. Glad she enjoyed the fireworks! You ought to have Ollie color a picture of the fireworks today!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Aww, what a nice night.

Doesn't QuikTrip have the best drinks? I so wish they'd get one here.