Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ode to my Mom

(my mom would LOVE the fact that I have this picture on there...sorry.)

Mom, here's a poem, just for you! (cause it would only be appropriate!)


My Mom
Many things about you
I admire and love:
Your kind heart, your encouraging words
Your being from that great country above (Canada).

Your fingerprints on MY life
are obvious, I'd say:
Our looks, our laugh,
and even how we start our day! (coffee!)

But the most important things
that I see in you?
Your steadfast commitment
to the things that are true.

Your love for Dad,
Your commitment to the Lord,
These things speak louder
than any of your words.

I'll say "Happy Mother's Day!"
but realize, too-
I admire you EVERY day
for the things that you do.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kendall, supper tonight was yummy, coffee was really yummy,the conversation and our time together was super, but your poem made my night. I love you! Mom