Tuesday, May 19, 2009

so much for originality...

So Monday, my 3rd graders were talking about seeing my kids again. One of them kindly asked, "Mrs. Smith, did you name your kids after Hannah Montana?"

Lost, (after having never seen the show) I said, "No. Why?"

They ALL proceeded to explain that there is an Oliver AND Lily on the show. Great.

My friend Kirby sent me a helpful link to further explain...and sure enough...they were right. Rats.

Meet Oliver...

And Lilly (at least its spelled different...)
Hmmmm...maybe no one watches "Hannah Montana." At least, like my mom pointed out, this way, in 10 years we'll seem VERY young and hip.

3 comments:

Amy W said...

I'm surprised I didn't realize this sooner, as much as Hannah Montana is a part of our world! I'm sure if my girls knew, they would have said something!! :)

Courtney e said...

you sooo planned that... i've seen the hannah montana poster you have hanging in your room.

Julie said...

How funny. If your Lily has blonde hair like her brother, (once she gets a little more of it), she might just look like the Hannah Montana Lilly. Just hold to the fact that most tv shows don't last too terribly long. Hannah Montana will be a thing of the past before long!